We are excited to be re-gathering outside as of Sunday, June 14! We wanted to anticipate questions and give you an idea of what to expect when you come to worship with us at an outdoor service. As the situation changes rapidly, there will be changes to some of what you read here at times. We will do our best to inform you of any changes as necessary.
When are we meeting?
We are beginning outdoor worship services on Sunday, June 14 at 10 AM. Outdoor services will continue until further notice.
Where are we meeting?
The GCC Outdoor Worship Service will be held in the GCC parking lot at
3920 S. Baldwin Rd. Orion, MI 48359.
CLICK HERE for a map.
What will the gathering look like?
We will take every precaution according to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, Oakland County Health Department and the State of Michigan.
- The service will be under an hour.
- We will meet OUTSIDE for the service in the GCC parking lot.
- Everyone will need to bring your own chair or blanket to sit on. Umbrellas might be a nice thing to bring as well as there is no shade in the parking lot.
- Cars will be directed to park in the field up on the hill of our property. Please follow directions from our parking volunteers.
- We will be following STRICT social distancing guidelines. We ask that everyone maintains a 6 ft distance from one another.
- We are SO EXCITED to see all of you…and we know that we love to hug one another and shake hands. We miss that, too. However, we are asking that we refrain from physical contact with people outside of your family at this time.
- Please, have conversations and give air hugs! Love on each other from 6 feet apart!
- Masks will be STRONGLY ENCOURAGED in order to limit any possible spread of COVID-19. You are welcome to attend in the manner in which you are comfortable and masks are not required. Unless on stage, all staff and volunteers will wear masks.
- We will have hand sanitizer stations and masks available for those that did not bring one and would like one.
- After you arrive and park, you will be given a numbered parking spot for you and your household to sit in. In some cases, if your household is larger in number, you will be given two numbers for two parking spots.
- Households will be seated together in the numbered spots.
- There will be an empty spot on either side of your parking spot to maintain social distancing.
- Should you have any questions, please ask a volunteer.
- GCC Kids will be handing out activity bags for your children. GCC Kids will not meet at this time. There will be no pre-school or nursery program at this time.
- We will not pass offering plates. We encourage you to continue giving online at gcc4him.org/give. There will be a box where offerings may be given in person.
- We will not serve coffee, but you are more than welcome to bring your own!
- Restroom facilities WILL NOT be available.
- We ask that attendees health self-screen before the service:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- New cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Other flu-like symptoms such as body aches and fatigue
- In the past 14 days, have you been exposed to a person who was diagnosed with COVID-19? (Exposed means being within 6 feet of a person without a face mask for 10 minutes or more who screened positive for COVID-19.)
- If you answer yes to EITHER or BOTH questions, we ask that you stay home and worship with us online.
- Vulnerable populations are asked to stay home and worship with us online. (CLICK HERE for a definition of vulnerable populations from the CDC.)
- We will take attendance. This allows us to contact attendees in the event that we learn of a COVID-19 case from someone else who attended the same day.
What if someone in attendance is diagnosed with COVID-19?
- If you have attended a service at GCC and are diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you inform the church of your diagnosis. This information will be held in STRICT CONFIDENCE.
- We will inform the Oakland County Health Department that someone in attendance at a service date has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We will inform the congregation that someone in attendance at a service date has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We will take action as recommended by the Oakland County Health Department and medical professionals at the time of possible exposure.
What if I don't feel comfortable gathering at this time?
That is OKAY! We understand that there are differing levels of comfort with re-gathering. We welcome you to join us on Sunday outdoors or online! We are doing our best to make our online experience almost like being here!
What happens if there is bad weather?
In the event of a weather report that indicates inclement weather anticipated for a Sunday morning, the outdoor service will be cancelled and we will have an online service only. That call will be made on Saturday afternoon and an announcement made Saturday evening.
GCC, we are excited to be back together. As much as we simply want everything to go back to how it used to be, we want to make sure that the actions & steps we are taking are done seeking to be wise and demonstrate care. So we thank you for your patience and understanding in all of this. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. (Text 248-780-7004 or call 248-391-1884 X101)
We love you and cannot wait to be with you again! (And for those who are not yet comfortable or ready to be there in-person, we hope to continue to be together online!)