CLICK HERE for resources on how to respond as a believer during these uncertain times.
May 23, 2020
UPDATE FROM PASTOR JOSH:
I have had some people contacting me about when GCC will re-gather...and so I thought I'd post where we are right now:
- Yes, I’ve seen the President’s statement on churches.
- Yes, I’m excited that houses of worship are to be considered “essential,” but that was never the question. Church IS essential, regardless of what anyone says; it is the “gatherings” that needed to be modified in the interest of public health and safety.
- Yes, we have had extensive conversations about what “next steps” might look like for GCC.
- No, I can’t provide any specific info at this time, but we will keep working!
- Our state officials have extended our stay at home order until June 12 and currently permits gatherings of only 10 or less. We will follow that direction.
- Yes, we absolutely need to keep praying!
- Stay tuned!!!
I look forward to the days ahead...and what God has for us! You are loved...and we are STILL the Church!
May 8, 2020
- GCC leadership is in the beginning stages of determining what it will look like to re-gather together. (We're not re-opening because the church NEVER CLOSED! We just didn't gather in person.) Please be in prayer as we consider these decisions. GCC will release a phased re-gathering plan in the near future.
- We have asked for the input of those that are a part of GCC through an online assessment. If you'd like to offer your opinion that will help us make some of the re-gathering decisions, please text GCCOPEN to 90888 or CLICK HERE. Please only take the assessment one time.
- WE DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A DATE IN MIND FOR RE-GATHERING. The State of Michigan will be under a "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order until at least May 28 at the time of this post. We will not consider re-gathering until that order has first been lifted. There will be other criteria that will be announced soon.
- If you need help financially, emotionally, spiritually or any other way, PLEASE REACH OUT. Pastor Josh is scheduling appointments with those that would desire pastoral care. Send a text to 248-780-7004 or email email@example.com and we will get back to you on how to schedule an appointment.
March 18, 2020
- GCC will be holding a virtual Zoom call on Wednesday nights simply to get together, have conversations, worship and pray. Be sure to check your email for all the information about that call (how to connect, link to the call, etc.).
- 4:12 Youth will be holding a Zoom call on Wednesday nights to connect, worship and have a place to go to have their community. Those calls are also at 6:30 PM. All parents & students should have gotten an email last night with information about how to connect to that call.
- STAY CONNECTED TO 4:12 YOUTH! Text 412youth to 248-780-7004 and FILL OUT THE FORM to get all updates and announcements. EVERYONE needs to sign up again as we are moving 4:12 Youth over to our new communication service.
- Stay in the loop! Text the word, LOOP, to 248-780-7004 and FILL OUT THE FORM at the link you will be texted in order to receive all emails and text messages from GCC in the coming days and weeks! If you would like to be on the prayer team, text PRAYTEAM to the same number to receive prayer requests from GCC.
- Text PRAY to 248-780-7004 to submit prayer requests to our prayer team. No matter what it is, we'd love to be praying for you. Be sure to fill out the form that you are texted to submit your prayer request.
- Orion Township has put together a webpage where you can get the most up-to-date information about the COVID-19 virus and local, state and national governmental response. CLICK HERE to be directed to that website.
- Other plans are in the works to keep us connected and serving people during this time. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
- CLICK HERE to email the church and let us know of needs you or neighbors may have and to ask any questions.
March 13, 2020
Pastor Josh gave an update about GCC's response via the video below. Please watch the video for a full update, but here are some highlights:
- GCC is POSTPONING all in-person gatherings. This includes Sunday worship, all Wednesday night activities (4:12 Youth, GCC Kids, Ladies' Bible Study and Prayer Nights) and all Community Group gatherings.
- We will have our Sunday Worship Service streamed ONLINE on Sundays starting at our normal time, 10 AM. Be sure to follow our FACEBOOK page to tune in. This service will be recorded and uploaded to our website for later viewing, but there will be interactive elements in the live stream that you won't want to miss.
- 4:12 Youth & GCC Kids staff & volunteers are working on ways to modify and deliver curriculum virtually so that we are able to keep everyone moving forward. There will be information emailed out soon about these ministries.
- Community groups and Ladies' Bible study are encouraged to still meet ONLINE. We are working with the leaders of those groups to determine the best avenue for online meetings. STAY TUNED.
- Most announcements and updates will be through Text-In-Church. If you'd like to be in the loop, text the word, LOOP, to 248-780-7004 and FILL OUT THE FORM at the link you will be texted. Announcements will also be made at our Facebook Page and here on our website.
God bless you and let's have FAITH, not fear!